As a freelance professional, I work mainly from my office at home and building a good relationship with my clients is very important to me. Freelancing has allowed me to hone many skills such as the ability to work under pressure, problem solving and time management. My varied background and previous experience working in PR, HR and marketing have given me a clear insight into my clients’ requirements when it comes to translating promotional pieces.
Professional, reliable and meticulous, I am well organised and efficient. I pride myself on providing a friendly professional service with a personal touch.
I started living in London soon after graduation from Aix-en-Provence university and I quickly gained experience and further language qualifications.
Qualifications and memberships
- Diploma in Translation from the Chartered Institute of Linguists
- Passed with merit in science
- Membership number 27952
- F.L.I.C. Diploma (Foreign Languages for Industry and Commerce) from the London Chamber of Commerce, in French and English
- Advanced level passed with distinction
1981 to 1984
- DEUG de Langues Étrangères Appliquées from Aix-en-Provence University, France. Two-year degree in French, English, Italian and social studies (including law, statistics, economics and art), with specific training as a translator / interpreter)
- Plus six months as an exchange student at Sheffield University
- Equivalent: honours degree in languages